Summer salad of chicken, potatoes and cabbage




In the last weeks I have been repeating how much it surprised me this year with its moderate temperatures. While a large part of our hemisphere was submerged in one of the coldest winters of recent decades, those of us who live in the tropics breathe a sigh of relief at the chance to enjoy some fresh days.
I should have kept my mouth shut.
These days have given me a taste of what awaits us, the heat returned as strong as ever. It gives me work to work in the summer, especially because we refuse to use the air conditioning. As an alternative I use my strategy to work early in the morning and in the afternoons, and rest and take a nap at noon.
My way of cooking also changes.

I hate cooking heavy meals in the heat.
The idea of ​​enslaving me in front of the stove to make 3 or more hot dishes seems crazy to me. At least I would go crazy. I have mastered the technique of cooking with minimal effort. I'm a lunch ninja on a plate.

Loading...

In case you missed them, here I remind you of some of these magical summer dishes that require little work and less time in the kitchen.
  • Locrio de chorizo ​​al horno
  • Salad of chickpeas and cod
  • Chicken in lemon sauce
  • Stuffed pork casserole

Berza is not a common word in the Dominican Republic, nor is it a common vegetable. In English it is known as kale, and it is highly valued for its nutritional qualities. These are from my urban garden (all sown in jars), something of which I will continue writing soon. If you do not have cabbage by hand, you can use spinach.

No hay comentarios:

Con la tecnología de Blogger.